A Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) senior researcher is pointing to Monsanto pesticides as the most likely culprits to the estimation that one in every two children in the United States will be autistic in 2025.
According to the research glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto’s toxic herbicide, is playing a role in diabetes, Alzheimer’s, digestive system disorders, infertility and birth defects.
The results of the study claim that glyphosate is harmless to humans because our cells don’t have the shikimate pathway. However, our gut bacteria DO have this pathway; plus, ingredients in Roundup greatly increase glyphosate’s toxic effects.
Toxic effects of glyphosate are:
* Kills beneficial gut bacteria and allows pathogens to overgrow
* Interferes with function of cytochrome p450 (CYP enzymes)
* Chelates important minerals (iron, cobalt, manganese, etc)
* Interferes with synthesis of aromatic amino acids and methionine – leads to shortages in critical neurotransmitters and folate
* Disrupts sulfate synthesis and sulfate transport
The ‘Biomarker’s For Autism’ can all be explained as potential effects of
glyphosate on biological system, such as:
* Disrupted gut bacteria; inflammatory bowel
* Low serum sulfate
* Methionine deficiency
* Serotonin and melatonin deficiency
* Defective aromatase
* Zinc and iron deficiency
* Urinary p-cresol
* Mitochondrial disorder Seizures; Glutamate toxicity in the brain
Results of the study claim that glyphosate usage on corn and soy crops correlates with the epidemic we’re seeing in autism, Alzheimer’s disease, celiac disease, and other intestinal disorders and that the correlation can be explained by the known effects of glyphosate in biological systems.
Read more @ www.the-open-mind.com